Sister Cities International (SCI) is a nonprofit citizen diplomacy network creating and strengthening partnerships between U.S. and international communities in an effort to increase global cooperation at the municipal level, to promote cultural understanding and to stimulate economic development. SCI leads the movement for local community development and volunteer action by motivating and empowering private citizens, municipal officials and business leaders to conduct long-term programs of mutual benefit.
- Develop municipal partnerships between U.S. cities, counties, and states and similar jurisdictions in other nations.
- Provide opportunities for city officials and citizens to experience and explore other cultures through long-term community partnerships.
- Create an atmosphere in which economic and community development can be implemented and strengthened.
- Stimulate environments through which communities will creatively learn, work, and solve problems together through reciprocal cultural, educational, municipal, business, professional and technical exchanges and projects.
- Collaborate with organizations in the United States and other countries which share similar goals.
Chattanooga’s Sister Cities:
- Wuxi, China
- Hamm, Germany
- Wolfsburg, Germany
- Givatayim, Israel
- Gangneung, Korea
- Nizhnii Tagil, Russia
For more information on Sister Cities please visit the offical website at the Chattanooga Sister Cities